Newsletter for Friday, January 12, 2018

Welcome back! I hope everyone enjoyed the holiday break and had a great Christmas and New Year. Thank you to all the parents who helped make our Christmas party a great time. The kids had a fun time and it was a great way to spend the day before break. I am truly blessed to have such a supportive group of parents to partner with as we travel through third grade!

Now that school has started again, I wanted to take the time to let you know about some things going on in the classroom and how you can help out at home. We have started taking time tests in multiplication. Hopefully you have seen some come home already. The time tests are 30 problems and are 1 minute. It would be really helpful if you could spend some time helping your child study the multiplication facts so they are passing the time tests. It is a third grade standard in math to know the math facts fluently – that means quickly recalling the facts (within 6 seconds).

We are also going to be starting cursive! We will work our way through the lower case letters first and then tackle the upper cases letters. The class is excited to start this project!!

Have a great week! The newsletter for the past week is attached…newsletter 1:12:18